Review all information concerning safety in the industry and safe job-site practices. Has oversight for the Arthur T. Everham Safety Award and the Annual Safety Congress.
The Chairs of each committee are appointed by the President at the Mid Year Meeting. The Vice Chairs are appointed by the Chair at the Mid Year Meeting. Members of the committee are self selecting, though the President can appoint members to the committee.
Mission Statement: Review all information concerning safety in the industry and safe job-site practices. Has oversight for the Arthur T. Everham Safety Award and the Annual Safety Congress.
- Explored with McGriff, Seibels & Williams the option to promote the excellent risk management performance of DCA contractors to our customers. After numerous discussions at committee meetings, e-mails, and phone calls it was decided that this approach should be put on the back burner.
- The committee agrees that there absolutely should be more interaction with the DCA Safety Congress.
- Meet with and request feedback from the DCA Safety Congress. It was discussed that since the Safety Congress is a subchapter of the Safety Committee there should be better communication from that group to address topics they would like us to bring to the committee.
- Work with the Education Committee to have Safety/Risk Management speakers at upcoming conventions.
- Discuss at the February meeting an agenda that should be discussed with the Safety Congress at their April meeting.
- Mike Hickey will attend the April meeting in Las Vegas to start getting ideas from the Safety Congress in regard to topics they would like to see us address at our Safety Committee meetings.
- See if we can open a line of communication with the AGA to see if they would consider having the IS Networld program be more consistent from utility company to utility company.
- Possibly revisit the format and scoring on the Arthur T Everham award. This topic will be a result of the discussions with the Safety Congress.
- Safety Committee members continue to personally contact all DCA members to encourage participation in the Safety Congress and the Arthur T. Everham award.
Michael Hickey, The Hallen Construction Co. Inc., Chairman
Ben Nelson, Pilchuck Contractors Inc., Vice Chairman
Timothy Bell, Midwestern Contractors
Roy Bertaina, Henkels & McCoy, Inc.
Thomas Clapper, H.L. Chapman Pipeline Construction Co.
Rob Dahlin, Cobb Strecker Dunphy & Zimmermann Inc.
Mark Frosaker, Mastec North America Inc.
Joe Hockberger, Mersino Dewaterting Inc.
Robert Manthei, CNH Construction Equipment
Kevin Miller, Miller Pipeline
Jay Osborn, Q3 Contracting Inc.
Robert Patterson, J.F. Kiely Construction Co.
Kenneth Price, K.R. Swerdfeger Construction, Inc.
Eddie Ramos, Southeast Directional Drilling
Edward "Ted" Shipka, Triple Random Inc.Members can view meeting minutes in the Members Only section of the web site.