To support safety, training, technical developments, and voluntary operational guidelines that sustain professional practices and contractors in the area of HDD. The committee also helps to coordinate a DCA session for conferences such as UCT (Underground Construction Technology) and ICUEE (International Construction Utility Equipment Expo).Composition:
The Chairs of each committee are appointed by the President at the Mid Year Meeting. The Vice Chairs are appointed by the Chair at the Mid Year Meeting. The position of chair and vice chair alternate every two years between regular members and associate members. Members of the committee are self selecting, though the President can appoint members to the committee.Mission Statement
To promote the use and education of Horizontal Directional Drilling as a viable, safe and environmentally friendly construction method. This will be accomplished by supporting safety & environmental training, technical development, and good practices guidelines that sustain professional productive contractors.2010 Achievements
2011 Goals and Objectives
- The HDD committee helped promote and provide speakers for UCT, International No-Dig and ICUEE shows.
- Review status of the State Mud Disposal letters.
- Addressed the issue of geothermal conduit installation and the need for contractors in the industry. Provided a speaker on the subject at the Fall Dallas meeting.
- The HDD committee will continue to contact non-responsive states for the Mud Disposal letters.
- Participate in trade conferences; UCT, No-Dig and ICUEE.
- Provide a speaker for Summer and/or Fall DCA meeting.
- Formalization of the charter
- Research ideas for other topics for HDD Committee to investigate
- Educating the Civil Engineering society on HDD technology and applications
- Poll and review candidates for HDD committee chairman’s position
David Wisniewski, Vermeer Corporation, Chairman
Jim Brotherton, Brotherton Pipeline Inc., Vice Chairman
Nicholas Atkin, Gabe's Construction Inc.
Grady Bell, Laney Directional Drilling Co.
Todd Bielawa, Century Products Inc.
Christian Brahler, T T Technologies Inc.
Ben Clark, Derrick Equipment Co.
Gregory Dahl, ARB Inc.
John English, Horizontal Technology Inc.
Larry Ernst, Midwest Underground Inc.
David Fisher, Bentonite Performance Minerals LLC
Randy Hayes, Vacuworx International
Jason Hockran, H&H Enterprises
Brian Metcalf, HammerHead
Randy Peterson, M-I SWACO
Clint Pitman, Drilling Mud Direct & Freight Direct
Dan Sharpe, American Augers Inc.
Greg Sidora, Hunting Energy Services Inc.
Tom Tibor, Baroid Industrial Drilling Products
Scott Weese, Carson Underground Inc.
Greg Wilson, Sharewell LPMembers can view meeting minutes in the Members Only section of the web site.